Posted May 31, 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for an Automotive Technician at Birchwood Volkswagen (BVW). This new point on the east side of Winnipeg is a state-of-the-art facility, showcasing one of Canada’s fastest-growing automotive brands.
The Automotive Technician plays an integral role in Birchwood Automotive Group achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction after the purchase of a vehicle. The successful candidate is will have the ability to maintain current product and technical knowledge, estimate the time of service and repair needed, and diagnose and complete the required work right the first time. Using industry-leading technology, the Automotive Technician will diagnose repairs required on a wide range of vehicles.
Birchwood Volkswagen offers:
- Fair work dispatch according to your skills, ensuring you would make the most of your hours at work
- Majority of customer-pay work and excellent parts inventory
- Full benefits package including medical and dental insurance 100% paid by Birchwood
- High volume shops, plus very competitive rates
- Other benefits for all Full-Time employees, including gym subsidy, massage therapy, and Health Spending Account option
Essential Skills / Details
- Technician Level 4 and up are welcome to apply
- Ability to diagnose and problem solve independently
- Comfortable leveraging technology for most day to day repairs
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where optimal production is supported
- High attention to detail with proven time management and organizational skills
- A commitment to continuous learning and professional development
- Valid driver’s license & own transportation
Birchwood is Manitoba’s largest automotive retailer network. Our 23 franchises include two state-of-the-art collision repair centres and four Birchwood Credit Solutions locations, and offer sales, services, and parts to meet our customers’ automotive needs. We’re a recognized leader in the retail automotive industry, not only for our diverse workforce reflecting our community, but also our unparalleled commitment to team members, customers, partners, and neighbourhoods. At Birchwood, our days begin and end with gratitude, personal leadership, trust, respect, continuous improvement and generosity.
Birchwood is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Salary / Wage Range
To be discussed during interview process.