Learning & Development Specialist
Posted June 8, 2022
The Learning and Development Specialist will deliver company-wide learning and development programs to Birchwood team members and leaders. The L & D Specialist will lead in the administration and organization of programs. This individual should be a natural relationship builder and encourage an environment of collaboration and personal and professional development.
What you will do:
- Apply adult learning methodologies when delivering instructor-led courses in the areas of personal and leadership development, onboarding, communication, etc.
- Provide company-wide facilitation and consultation services on all matters related to learning and development and related initiatives.
- Develop and maintain strong, customer-focused relationships with team members, leaders, subject matter experts, and colleagues.
- Create continuous improvement plans to enhance existing programs.
- Research best practices and industry trends with respect to content and delivery methods,
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to identify organizational needs and/or changes,
- Assess the needs of the participants before, during and after course deliveries.
- Apply principles of project management to manage learning programs throughout their lifecycle (needs assessment, design, development, delivery, and maintenance).
- Contribute to standards and evaluates courses or programs and implements revisions to improve quality.
- Facilitate partnerships and team building sessions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively engage in continuous improvement.
- Administers recruitment, registration, tracking and reporting of all programs and projects.
Essential Skills / Details
- Formal education, with a post certificate in Adult Education would be preferred.
- A combination of education and experience would also be considered.
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience in learning and development.
- Experience in the automotive and/or retail industry preferred.
- Ability to work with others sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in change management and project management principles and practices.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to determine customer needs, an understanding of customer service principles and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
- Strong and well-developed communication skills (oral and written) .
- Research or grant writing is an asset.
- Outstanding teaching and facilitation skills are required as well as interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Strong computer literacy with a desire to work with new technology. Awareness of cutting edge and emerging technologies is an asset.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Motivated individual with proven initiative.
- Valid 5F driver's license and own transportation to and from work is required
Birchwood is Manitoba’s largest automotive retailer network. Our 23 franchises include two state-of-the-art collision repair centres and four Birchwood Credit Solutions locations, and offer sales, services, and parts to meet our customers’ automotive needs. We’re a recognized leader in the retail automotive industry, not only for our diverse workforce reflecting our community, but also for our unparalleled commitment to team members, customers, partners, and neighbourhoods. At Birchwood, our days begin and end with gratitude, personal leadership, trust, respect, continuous improvement and generosity.
Birchwood is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Salary / Wage Range
To be discussed during interview process.