Posted June 23, 2022
The Service Consultant plays an integral role at Merit Ford Sales with the Birchwood Automotive Group achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction after the purchase of a vehicle. The Service Consultant is responsible for efficient scheduling of services and repairs while maintaining open and current communication with the customer. Using industry-leading technology and software, they will communicate with varying levels of technical understanding of customer repairs and estimated times of repair. The successful candidate will be energetic, conscientious and focused on providing a customer-centric experience.
What you will get:
- Living in a great city which offers a quality of life for you and your family
- Fantastic work environment, with great work-life balance
- Full benefits package
- Medical and dental insurance 100% paid by Birchwood
- High volume shops, plus very competitive pay
Shift Details: Monday-Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm
Essential Skills / Details
- Automotive/Service advising experience is considered an asset
- Ability to learn, understand and inform automotive repair needs
- Thrive in a collaborative environment where team support is encouraged
- High attention to detail with proven time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable leveraging technology for most day-to-day repairs
- Ability to lift over 80 lbs
- Thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment
- A commitment to continuous learning and professional development
- A valid driver's license and transportation to/from work
About Merit Ford and the Carlyle community:
A little about our dealership and community. Both are small but what we lack in size we make up for in activity. Merit Ford is a very busy dealership. We are right in the heart of the reemerging oil industry and have always had great backing by our Farming community. Located on 2 busy highways Carlyle is the hub for many businesses in both sectors and we like to boast we have nearly 100 businesses in our town. That may not sound like a lot but our town population hovers around 1200 so with that in mind it is a very entrepreneurial community. We have most of the conveniences of a bigger center from a handful of restaurants, retail clothing outlets, pharmacies, electronics, hardware stores, grocery, etc. Our town is also minutes away from two lakes that are both great for fishing, hiking, boating, golfing or just soaking in the day with your feet up. Carlyle is truly unique to Saskatchewan. Yes, we have the “Flat” but also have some beautiful landscapes that set us apart from other areas in our province. Our community is hard working and expects their vehicles to be as hard-working as they are. That expectation is carried forward to our shop and our team carries that weight with great pride and consistency.
About Birchwood Automotive Group:
Birchwood is Manitoba’s largest automotive retailer network. Our 23 franchises include two state-of-the-art collision repair centres and four Birchwood Credit Solutions locations, and offer sales, services, and parts to meet our customers’ automotive needs. We’re a recognized leader in the retail automotive industry, not only for our diverse workforce reflecting our community, but also for our unparalleled commitment to team members, customers, partners, and neighbourhoods. At Birchwood, our days begin and end with gratitude, personal leadership, trust, respect, continuous improvement, and generosity.
Birchwood is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Salary / Wage Range
To be discussed during interview process.