Posted August 3, 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager at Birchwood Volkswagen (BVW). This new point on the east side of Winnipeg opened in March 2021, and has a state-of-the-art facility, showcasing one of Canada’s fastest growing automotive brands.
The Sales Manager provides leadership and expertise while operating an efficient and profitable sales team. The successful candidate executes plans and strategies to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction while maintaining industry leading profitability. The Sales Manager will have the ability to impact a wide variety of customer service situations, train and develop team members and work through financial objectives. This position is a leadership role with the expectation that the individual will act as a mentor to the Sales department and will provide support to staff within the department as well as the entire dealership.
- Train and develop team members and work through financial objectives.
- Handle appraisals during the acquisition process
- Reviewing trade-ins and ensuring that vehicles meet Birchwood’s standards
- Partner with Sales Managers, during the used car sales process, including pricing and negotiation
Essential Skills / Details
- Minimum 2 years of Automotive Management experience is preferred
- Previous experience in Automotive Sales or Automotive Finance is required
- Education in Business Administration, Project Management or related studies is an asset
- High attention to detail with proven time management and organizational skills
- A commitment to continuous learning and professional development
- Comfortable leveraging technology for most day to day functions preferred (Microsoft Excel)
- Previous experience managing a team and/or strong leadership skills is an asset.
- Clear Credit and Criminal Record Check
- Valid 5F driver’s license, and clear drivers abstract
Birchwood is Manitoba’s largest automotive retailer network. Our 23 franchises include two state-of-the-art collision repair centres and four Birchwood Credit Solutions locations, and offer sales, services, and parts to meet our customers’ automotive needs. We’re a recognized leader in the retail automotive industry, not only for our diverse workforce reflecting our community, but also our unparalleled commitment to team members, customers, partners, and neighbourhoods. At Birchwood, our days begin and end with gratitude, personal leadership, trust, respect, continuous improvement and generosity.
Birchwood is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Salary / Wage Range
To be discussed during interview process.