Posted September 19, 2022
As the Project Coordinator, your job is to coordinate and document all aspects of the specific project you are working on. The Project Coordinator will work closely with the Project Manager to make sure that project logistics are coordinated to maintain schedule, track budgets, and meets quality standards. As well, the Project Coordinator will work with other departments for support.
Project responsibilities include supporting the delivering of every project, large or small, on time within budget and scope. Project Coordinators should have a background in people management, construction understanding, and analysis & reporting.
Project Coordinators are skilled at getting the best out of the people and projects that they support. They thrive when planning projects and working with project teams.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Assist in the development of a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain project documentation
Essential Skills / Details
- Experience in the Automotive Industry is considered an asset
- Critical thinking, strong analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of facility technical aspects is considered an asset
- Comfortable leveraging technology for most day to day functions
- High attention to detail with proven time management and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Valid Driver's License and ability to commute to/from work
Birchwood is Manitoba’s largest automotive retailer network. Our 23 franchises include two state-of-the-art collision repair centres and four Birchwood Credit Solutions locations, and offer sales, services, and parts to meet our customers’ automotive needs. We’re a recognized leader in the retail automotive industry, not only for our diverse workforce reflecting our community, but also for our unparalleled commitment to team members, customers, partners, and neighbourhoods. At Birchwood, our days begin and end with gratitude, personal leadership, trust, respect, continuous improvement and generosity.
Birchwood is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Salary / Wage Range
To be discussed during interview process.